Steve Carell Appears as 'Despicable Me' Character Gru on 'Ellen' (Video)
Dressed as his super-villain character, the screen comic delighted the crowd by disco dancing in the aisles.
Steve Carell arrived as his animated alter ego -- Despicable Me's Felonious Gru -- during his Thursday appearance on Ellen.
The screen comedian reprises his voice duties for the character, billed as the "world's #2 villain," in the sequel to the 2010 blockbuster, Despicable Me 2, set to be released on July 3, 2013.
Carell, wearing a bald cap and prosthetic beak and familiar striped scarf, emerged to the cheers of the Gru-loving crowd.
"I came all the way to Los Angeles because they don't have good Starbucks in Albuquerque," Gru explained.
He later performed a dance in the aisles to the Bee Gees' "You Should Be Dancing."
Sadly, his minions -- Gru's yellow, pill-shaped worker bees -- were nowhere to be found.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack