Steve Carell Teases 'Anchorman 2:' I Hope it's 'Exactly the Same' (Video)
The actor tells Jay Leno his character, Brick Tamland, will "devolve" in the sequel.
Steve Carell took a break from shooting Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues in Atlanta to stop by NBC’s The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and give an update on the highly anticipated sequel.
“It was almost 10 years ago,” Carell said of 2004’s Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, which starred Will Ferrell and followed the funky exploits of a local San Diego news team.
Jay Leno asked Carell how his character, "legally retarded" meteorologist Brick Tamland, would evolve in the sequel.
“He will not evolve. He will devolve,” Carell deadpanned. “My hope with the movie was that it’s going to be exactly the same ... Nobody changes."
Anchorman 2 reunites Carell, Ferrell and original castmembers Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, and David Koechner. It will also include some new actors, such as Kristen Wiig. The comedy is slated for a Dec. 20 release and is being directed by the original film’s helmer, Adam McKay.
Watch the video below.
Email: Aaron.Couch@thr.com; Twitter: @AaronCouch
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR