Steve Jobs Met With Bill Gates Before His Death
Walter Isaacson's biography on the Apple co-founder also detailed Jobs' romances and the conversations shared with Gates.
More details are surfacing from Walter Isaacson's biography on Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
According to the New York Times, beginning last spring, Jobs met with several people that he wanted to see before he died. (Jobs passed away at 56 on Oct. 6.) One of those people with whom Jobs met was Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft. Gates went to Jobs' house in Palo Alto, Calif. in May.
In the book, Isaacson writes that Jobs and Gates met for more than three hours together and that Jobs told Isaaccson that Gates was happy to see him. Some of the topics that they touched on included family, children and marrying wisely.
Gates told Isaacson that the two of them had a laugh when Jobs told him that his wife, Laurene Powell, kept him "semi-sane," to which Gates said the same of his wife, Melinda.
The book also touched on Jobs' romances, with Isaacson saying that the tech whiz fell hard when he was in love but proved to be difficult for the women in his life. In the mid-1980s, Jobs met a computer consultant Tina Redse, who declined his marriage proposal.
He then met Powell, an ex-Goldman Sachs trader who was enrolled at the Stanford business school. Jobs proposed to her on the first day of 1990. She moved out in September. Eventually they married.
The book also touched on Jobs and entertaining business guests at his house. According to Isaacson, Rupert Murdoch came twice for dinner.
Additionally, the book details Apple's rivalries, including a shouting match that Jobs had with Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 2008 over the Android.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10