10 Hip-Hop Songs Referencing Steve Jobs (Video)
The tech innovator and his products have received shout-outs in songs by Jay-Z, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj and others.
Even in death, Steve Jobs will continue to be a key player in the hip-hop and R&B world.
By cementing the foundation of the musical digital age we live in, artists of any age, sex and race are able to create and perfect their craft anywhere, even in their parents' garage, as Jobs once did.
In memory of the Apple icon, here are 10 songs referencing Jobs and his impact as a tech innovator, in no specific order.
Jay-Z, "The Prelude"
"Head and shoulders, my invisible neck/ You see Hova, wasn't digital yet/ Befo' Steve Jobs, made the iPod/ Was getting head, jobs, we call that intimate."
Jamie Foxx feat. Kanye West, The-Dream - "Digital Girl"
"I want to see what's under there/ There now put it in the air/ Yeah load it on my MacBook Air/ It's a new form of macking, don't be old fashioned."
Rick Ross feat. Lil Wayne - "9 Piece"
"I'm smoking dope, I'm on my cell phone/ I'm selling dope, straight off the iPhone."
Common - "Southside"
"Back in '94 they call me Chi-town's Nas/ Now them ni**as know I'm one of Chi-town's gods/ We eatin', yo, you still talking no carbs/ A conscious ni**a with mac like Steve Jobs"
Chris Brown Feat. Tyga and Kevin McCall- "Ballin'"
"Look, BBC hat clean diamond snap hook/ Take a picture with it, like it's my last look/ Gold MacBook, cost $100,000 g's/ I don't give a f*ck with rats, I throw away the cheese"
Kanye West feat. Swizz Beatz, Jay-Z, Pusha-T, CyHi The Prynce, RZA - "So Appalled"
"I am so outrageous/ I wear my pride on my sleeve like a bracelet/ If God had a iPod, I'd be on his playlist/ My phrases amazing, the faces and places, the favorite"
Wiz Khalifa - "Ode to Naked Pop Stars"
"I don't know him, but whoever stole your Mac/ When I see him, I'mma pat him on the back... Like a nerd with no MacBook, look how pretty that lil' cat look"
Nicki Minaj feat. Lil Wayne - "I Get Crazy"
"I just came out of the mother f*cken old school/ Got my Mac notebook with the Pro tools"
Swizz Beatz feat. Coldplay - "That Oprah"
"Bill Gates, Steve Jobs/ iPhones, Microsoft/ My paper is very long, your paper is very soft"
B.o.B - "Don't Let Me Fall"
"Now I'm in your house/ Now I"m in your stove/ Now I'm everywhere that your iPod go/ Everything I seen was a dream just a moment ago"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Upton is Bringing Sexy Curves Back, Model Jessica White Praises!
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!