Steve Jobs' Death Inspires Dozens of Facebook Pages In His Memory
Just minutes after the news broke, thousands of people joined to remember the Apple co-founder on the social media site.
Within minutes of the news of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs’ death, thousands of Facebook members began creating and joining more than a dozen pages created in memory of him.
While many share the same name, “R.I.P. Steve Jobs,” the page with the most members is nearing 10,000 members at the time this article posted. Thousands of others have joined the other pages, which include “Thank You Steve Jobs,” which already has more than 5,000 members. Other Facebook pages include, “R.I.P Steve Jobs, You will be Missed” and R.I.P Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011).
Apple, the company Jobs founded in the late-70s, must have sensed that people would want to express their feelings on Jobs’ death and established an email address for that purpose: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs died at 56 on Wednesday after battling a rare form of pancreatic cancer for years.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR