Apple CEO Tim Cook on Steve Jobs: 'No Words Can Adequately Express Our Sadness'
The executive, who took over for the company co-founder in August, sent a company-wide memo to employees on Wednesday.
Apple CEO Tim Cook sent a company-wide memo on Wednesday to employees, notifying them of co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs' death earlier in the day.
"I have some very sad news to share with all of you," Cook begins. "Steve passed away earlier today."
Cook, who replaced Jobs as CEO of the company in August, told staff that Apple was "planning a celebration of Steve's extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon." The executive directed them to share "thoughts, memories and condolences" to an email address specifically set up for the occasion.
"No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve's death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him," Cook continued. "We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much."
One of Cook's pargraphs from the memo is posted on the official Apple website.
Read Cook's full memo to staff below:
I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.
Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing
human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.
We are planning a celebration of Steve’s extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve’s death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead