Steve Jobs' MTV O Music Awards Tribute Features Flaming Lips, Beatles, iPads
MTV’s second O Music Awards, streaming online Oct. 31, will feature a musical homage from The Flaming Lips.
In honor of his own "revolution," Steve Jobs will be honored with the famous Beatles tune during MTV's O Music Awards.
After previously announcing a tribute a tribute to the Apple co-founder and digital music pioneer, MTV has released more details about the salute taking place during the Oct. 31 festivities.
The Flaming Lips taped a performance of the Beatles' "Revolution" ahead of the streaming awards, and the performance was filmed entirely on iPads.
And, in addition to previously announced performers Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato and Odd Future’s Tyler the Creator, Robyn will now headline the main stage at the undisclosed Los Angeles venue for the show.
Alabama Shakes, which enjoyed a lot of attention from their performance at CMJ, have also been added to the bill.
As previously reported, the live multiplatform event is scheduled to begin Oct. 31 at 11:30 p.m. ET, streaming on OMusicAwards.com.
MTV will broadcast the opening of the show, with the complete event available across MTV Music Group websites -- including MTV.com, VH1.com, CMT.com, LogoTV.com and MTVHive.com.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)