Things You Didn't Know About 'X Factor' Host Steve Jones
The model-turned-television host heads to the U.S. for his biggest TV gig yet.
Steve Jones has been named one of the hosts of Simon Cowell's X-Factor, but he's a virtual unknown to U.S. audiences.
And while his name doesn't ring too many bells in America, that didn't impede his reported romances with Stateside stars such as Pamela Anderson and Heroes' Hayden Panettierre.
Jones, 34, has hosted big live TV shows in the U.K. including T4 Music, a popular music series, and As Seen on TV, a BBC One celebrity panel quiz show. He's also Welsh, not English.
1. His good looks launched his career.
Jones started his career as a model. He told Britain's Daily Mail, "'I wasn't Zoolander - I had no moves, no 'faces.' "
2. Jones does not censor his opinions of celebrity interviewees.
He has said on the record that Vince Vaughn was "a miserable sod," Christian Bale was "a total idiot" and that Gene Simmons was the "most unbelievably vain, egotistical bloke" he's ever come across.
3. He has his own clothing line.
Jones modeled and designed clothes for a line called Goodsouls by Steve Jones. He says of his fashion choices, "When I started out on T4 I would just wear a T-shirt and a pair of jeans because it’s that kind of show, it doesn’t take itself too seriously, but over the years as you progress and get older as a presenter and start doing bigger things and more glamorous shows with the BBC you have to be more diverse."
4. Jones has a few acting credits under his belt.
Jones appeared in Bend it Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha's 2008 film Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging as well as a short film called The Trevor Ending Story.
5. He likes taking chances with his career.
Having made a name for himself on U.K. television, Jones keeps an eye out for other opportunities. He told the Daily Mail, "'I want to push myself. What's the point of staying in your comfort zone? Get a chance and you have to take it."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues