Film Colorist Steve Scott Joins Technicolor
The award-winning colorist of such films as "The Help" and "Julie & Julia" departs Efilm.
Steve Scott -- one of Hollywood’s most respected colorists -- has joined Technicolor after resigning from his longtime role at Efilm.
Scott is a frequent collaborator with leading cinematographers such as Academy Award nominee Steven Goldblatt, for whom his has served as colorist for such features as The Help, Julie & Julia, and HBO miniseries Angels in America. He has won four Hollywood Post Alliance Awards for outstanding color grading for his work on films including the afterforementioned features, The Illusionist and Iron Man. He also received the 2011 Judges Award for Creativity & Innovation in Post Production from the HPA.
A classically trained painter and illustrator, Scott earlier worked in visual effects as a digital compositor and earned a primetime Emmy in 2000 for outstanding special visual effects for The X Files.
He previously served as governor of the TV Academy’s visual effects peer group. He is a member of the Visual Effects Society and an associate member of the American Society of Cinematographers.
Scott’s move comes just a few weeks after 18 people, including a large number from R&D and engineering, were let go from Efilm, a Deluxe company.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead