Steve Stark Joins MGM Television As President of Production (Exclusive)
UPDATED: The veteran TV producer and executive, whose projects include NBC's "The Event" and CBS's "Medium," will report to Roma Khanna.
Steve Stark has been named president of television production at MGM, the company announced Monday. Yesterday, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Stark was putting the final touches on a contract to head up TV development at MGM.
The well-liked television executive will bring with him a career of experience as both a TV producer and an exec. He'll join former NBC Universal international TV executive Roma Khanna, who was hired last June after MGM emerged from bankruptcy. She serves as MGM's president of the television group and digital, overseeing production, sales acquisitions, licensing, content creation and digital initiatives for MGM worldwide. Stark will report to Khanna.
In a statement, Khanna described Stark as "an extraordinary talent with a tremendous track record and deep relationships in the television industry."
As head of television production, Stark will oversee all aspects of television and content development for network, cable and digital outlets.
In July, Khanna filled out her senior vp ranks, hiring Vicky Gregorian from Litton Entertainment as senior vp of domestic television distribution, and Vinicio Espinosa as vp of Latin American television distribution. She also upped Susan Hummel to senior vp U.S. basic cable and Canada television; Damien Marin to senior vp pay tv and digital media. Last month, Steve Hendry was appointed senior executive vp of television operations.
Stark, who boasts a long list of credits including NBC's The Event, Medium and USA's Fairly Legal, signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television last January. In addition to his stint as an independent producer, he served time as a development exec at Paramount TV, Columbia TriStar TV and at the helm of Kelsey Grammer's production company.
Email: Marisa.Guthrie@thr.com, Lacey.Rose@thr.com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'