Steven C. Miller Pays Homage to Spielberg in New Indie Horror 'Under The Bed'
The new indie horror flick stars Jonny Weston and Gattlin Griffith.
Jonny Weston and Gattlin Griffith are starring in Under the Bed, an indie
horror movie in production from director Steven C. Miller.
Weston (Johnny Dies in the End) and Griffith (who plays young Hal Jordan in
the upcoming Green Lantern movie) play brothers who team up to battle a
creature in what is being described as a "suburban nightmare" tale. The
filmmakers say "they are making a love letter to early Steven Spielberg
films," and are aiming for a tone of Spielberg-produced Poltergeist and
Amblin productions from that time.
Peter Holden, Musetta Vander and Kelcie Stranahan round out the cast.
Brad Miska, who runs horror website Bloody-Disgusting.com, helped develop
the story and is producing with Tom Owen and Will Clevinger. Zak Zeman, who
worked with Miska on horror thriller A Horrible Way to Die, is exec
producing via his Site B banner.
Eric Stolze wrote the screenplay.
Miller, repped by UTA and Aperture Entertainment, is best known for
directing the 2006 zombie movie Automaton Transfusion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR