Steven Spielberg to Meet Indian Filmmakers
The director has arrived in Mumbai to celebrate the success of "Lincoln" with billionaire and DreamWorks' financial backer Anil Ambani, chairman of Reliance.
Steven Spielberg has landed in Mumbai for a close encounter with the Indian film industry. The acclaimed director is said to be visiting the country to celebrate the success of Lincoln with his principle financial backer in DreamWorks, Indian billionaire Anil Ambani, chairman of Reliance Group. Spielberg will also conduct a "master class" for Indian industry figures, sharing tips and stories from his forty-plus years in filmmaking. As many as 61 professionals from Indian cinema are expected to attend the event.
The 66-year-old director and his wife Kate Capshaw arrived in India Monday morning and are staying at the Taj Mahal Hotel in the Coloba section of Mumbai, according to a report in the Hindustan Times. Ambani and his wife, Bollywood star Tina Munim, are said to be hosting the celebrated Hollywood couple.
Of Spielberg's teaching agenda for Tuesday, the Hindustan Times’ source said: "It can be called master class session wherein Spielberg will be imparting knowledge to Indian directors and [will] be learning from them as well.”
The list of participants includes a bevy of leading Indian film names, such as Rajkumar Hirani, Anurag Kashyap, Farhan Akhtar, Zoya Akhtar, Abhishek Kapoor, Habib Faisal, Ram Gopal Varma, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Farah Khan, and dozens more.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR