Steven Spielberg's Kids Are In-Demand DJs -- and Signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation
Sasha Spielberg, 23, and Theo Spielberg, 25, also make up band Wardell (a pet name from mom Kate Capshaw) are signed through U.K.'s National Anthem label and will put out an album sometime in 2014.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Teen Vogue's Young Hollywood Party, feting the mag's 11th anniversary at a West Hollywood home, had both teen stars (Hailee Steinfeld, Kiernan Shipka) and "kids of" (Patrick Schwarzenegger, Hannah Bronfman). But two on hand were both: Sasha Spielberg, 23, and Theo Spielberg, 25 (and both wearing Emporio Armani).
The DJ siblings released their EP Brother/Sister earlier in 2013 under the name Wardell and have signed with Roc Nation, the company founded by Jay Z, for management. Meanwhile, Sasha recently sold the pilot Girls Without Boys -- co-written with Emily Goldwyn (daughter of John), with Rashida Jones producing -- to ABC. "But music is still my passion," Sasha tells THR. "I am going to find a way to balance both."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR