Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Dated for Early November
The likely awards contender will open in an exclusive run on Nov. 9 and expand on Nov. 16.
Steven Spielberg's Lincoln has a release date: Nov. 9. From DreamWorks, the movie — starring Daniel Day-Lewis as President Abraham Lincoln — will play first in only a few theaters before expanding its footprint on Nov. 16.
Disney is distributing Lincoln domestically through its Touchstone label, while 20th Century Fox will release internationally. The two studios partnered in financing the biopic, which is based on Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln.
Lincoln, starring Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln, is a likely awards contender and will hit theaters just as awards season begins to heat up in earnest. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tommy Lee Jones also star.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR