Buddy Holly Tribute: Stevie Nicks Sings 'Not Fade Away,' Patrick Stump Takes On 'Everyday' in Preview of PBS Special (Video)
Set to air beginning December 3, the all-star concert also features performances by Chris Isaac, Lyle Lovett, Paul Anka, Boz Scaggs and Michelle Branch along with video tributes by Keith Richards, Ringo Starr and more.
PBS has released a preview clip of its upcoming Buddy Holly tribute concert, set to air beginning December 3 (check local listings). Listen To Me: The Ultimate Buddy Party features performances by Stevie Nicks, Chris Isaak, Lyle Lovett, Paul Anka, Boz Scaggs, Raul Malo, Graham Nash, Michelle Branch, Shawn Colvin, Patrick Stump and Cobra Starship’s Gabe Saporta and Victoria Asher along with video tributes by Keith Richards, Ringo Starr, Jackson Browne, Brian Wilson, Eric Idle and more.
Holly’s widow, Maria Elena, was also present for the all-star celebration, which was filmed at Hollywood’s Music Box Theater in September, marking what would have been Holly’s 75th birthday.
Produced by Songmasters and KQED-TV with veteran music manager and one-half of 1960s folk duo Peter and Gordon Peter Asher serving as music supervisor, producer, performer and host, many of the participants went way back with the rock-n-roll pioneer -- Anka had worked with the late singer as early as 1959 at barely 18 years old.
Says Asher in an announcement of the broadcast: “Buddy showed us how brilliant and unforgettable songs could be written using the simplest of chords. He taught us the value of a lyric which came from the heart and the importance of making records the way you heard them in your head. His music has never ceased to play a major role in my life and work.”
See the full list of performances and a preview clip below:
· “Crying, Waiting, Hoping” – Chris Isaak
· “Everyday” – Patrick Stump
· “Heartbeat” – Chris Isaak and Michelle Branch
· “I’m Looking for Someone to Love” – Lyle Lovett with James Burton
· “It Doesn’t Matter Anymore” – Paul Anka
· “It’s So Easy” – Stevie Nicks
· “Learning the Game” – Shawn Colvin
· “Listen to Me” – Raul Malo
· “Maybe Baby” – Boz Skaggs
· “Oh, Boy” – Patrick Stump
· “Not Fade Away” – Stevie Nicks
· “Peggy Sue” – Cobra Starship (Gabe Saporta and Victoria Asher)
· “Raining in My Heart” – Graham Nash
· “Rave On” – Boz Scaggs, Graham Nash and Peter Asher
· “That’ll Be the Day” – All-Star Cast
· “True Love Ways” – Raul Malo
· “Well All Right” – Lyle Lovett
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!