'Stomp the Yard 2' begins shooting
Collins Pennie, Pooch Hall and Stephen 'tWitch' Boss in cast
Rainforest Films' "Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming" has begun principal photography in Atlanta.
"Fame" lead Collins Pennie stars as Chance Harris, a student juggling school, girls, job, debt and a looming nationally televised step competition during a stressful homecoming weekend at Truth University.
Pooch Hall ("The Game"), Terrence J ("106 & Park"), Lil Duval ("Comedian"), Tika Sumpter ("One Life To Live"), Kiely Alexis Williams ("The Cheetah Girls"), Keith David ("Gamer"), rapper David Banner and music artist Teyena Taylor join "So You Think You Can Dance" runner-up Stephen "tWitch" Boss in the cast.
Rob Hardy ("Trois," CBS's "Criminal Minds") is directing a script written by Albert Leon ("Feel the Noise"). Rainforest's Will Packer ("Obsessed") is producing the follow-up to the 2007 Screen Gems release "Stomp the Yard," which grossed $74 million worldwide.
Pennie, repped by ICM and Untitled, has appeared in "Half Nelson," "Fired Up!" and "Prom Night."
Rainforest, which Hardy and Packer founded in 1994, recently produced "This Christmas," and it has the heist film "Takers" hitting theaters in February.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game