'Storage Wars': Mark Balelo Commits Suicide
The reality star was jokingly called "Rico Suave" on the show for the snazzy attire he wore to auctions.
Storage Wars castmember Mark Balelo committed suicide Monday, the Ventura Country coroner's office said. He was 40.
Balelo, a businessman who was jokingly called "Rico Suave" on the show for the snazzy attire he wore to auctions, died of carbon-monoxide poisoning, according to the coroner's office. One of Balelo's employees found him in his car, which had been left running at Balelo's auction house in Simi Valley, Calif.
TMZ reported that Balelo was arrested Saturday for a drug-related offense. After his release from jail, a distraught Balelo called his fiancee and told her that he might hurt himself. After the two spoke at his office for a couple of hours, he took a nap and, upon waking, seemed better. His fiancee left Sunday night.
An autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday.
According to IMDb.com, Balelo appeared on several episodes of A&E's Storage Wars during the past few seasons. On the show, he often angered other bidders by showing up with large amounts of money and easily outbidding all his rivals.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR