The Story Behind the Saban Free Clinic
6:00 AM PDT 7/24/2012 by Cheryl Saban
Once broke, a struggling Cheryl Saban sought care at a free clinic that would later be named for her and her husband, Haim.
There are certain seminal experiences that help your personal acorn begin its transformation into the oak tree. One of those moments occurred for me in the mid-1980s. It was the day I stepped into the L.A. Free Clinic as a patient.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch Santa Give Krampus a Seasonal Smackdown on The Aquabats! Super Show! Holiday Special
- ABC Orders Shonda Rhimes Pilot
- The YouTube Pop Star: How JHAMEEL Turned Down Atlantic Records & Achieved Internet Success
- Jon Stewart Surprises John Oliver With An Emotional Goodbye On His Last Episode Of 'The Daily Show'