Strand Acquires Carol Morley's Documentary 'Dreams of Life'
The film focuses on a mysterious death and will be released Aug. 3.
Strand Releasing has acquired all U.S. rights to Carol Morley’s documentary Dreams of Life, which screened at this year’s SXSW film festival. The distributor acquired the film from Entertainment One and is planning an Aug. 3 release.
The film follows the case of Joyce Vincent, a 38-year-old who died in her apartment above a shopping mall in North London in 2003. Her skeleton was discovered three years later in the apartment, where the TV and heating were still on.
“I knew from the moment I read the anonymous story in the newspaper that I was going to make a film about Joyce Vincent, I could not let her remain forgotten,” Morley said.
“We’re thrilled to be working on this innovative documentary, I hope it finds the same critical response it received in its U.K. opening,” Strand’s Marcus Hu commented.
The deal was negotiated by Strand’s Jon Gerrans and Charlotte Mickie, executive vp of eOne Films International.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR