Strand Picks Up British Love Story 'Comes a Bright Day'
The film, starring Craig Roberts and Imogen Poots, is set amid the robbery of a London jewelry store.
Strand Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Simon Aboud’s Comes a Bright Day, a coming-of-age love story set amid the armed robbery of a London jewelry store.
The film stars Craig Roberts (Submarine) and Imogen Poots (28 Weeks Later) along with Kevin McKidd and Timothy Spall. It was financed by Matador Pictures, Regent Capital and Lost Tribe Productions and produced by Christine Alderson, who negotiated the deal with Strand’s Jon Gerrans.
The distributor plans a November release.
“I’m delighted Strand has taken the U.S. rights. The film started its life so fantastically at the Berlin Internaitonal Film Festival in the Generations section earlier this year where the audiences fell in love with Simon’s very beautiful feature,” Alderson said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR