Strand Picks Up Baseball Documentary 'Branca's Pitch'
Andrew Muscato's film tells the story of the legendary Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca.
Strand Releasing has acquired North American rights to Andrew Muscato’s documentary Branca’s Pitch, which recounts the life of the legendary Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca, who lost the National League pennant to the rival New York Giants in 1951 by giving up the game-winning home run.
The distributor plans a multidigital platform and DVD release of the film in late September or early October.
Muscato and partner Bobby Valentine were executive producers of last year’s baseball documentary Ballplayer: Pelotero, which Strand also distributed. Valentine serves as exec producer on Branca’s Pitch. Valentine and Muscato are currently finishing postproduction on their latest documentary, Schooled: The Shame of College Sports, an adaptation of Taylor Branch's book The Cartel, which examines the business of college sports and the NCAA's treatment of its athletes.
The deal was negotiated between Muscato and Strand’s Jon Gerrans, who said, “We’re thrilled to be working with Andrew and Bobby on yet another incisive documentary about baseball, and a very enlightening film at that.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR