Streamy Awards Returning in 2013, Open for Submissions
The third installment of the web kudos, off the radar since 2010, will be held at the Hollywood Palladium.
Online video kudos The Streamy Awards will return for a third outing next year.
Creators and Tubefilter founders Drew Baldwin and Joshua Cohen and Dick Clark Productions Digital VP Ariel Elazar announced Thursday that the event is now taking submissions. Winners in the slew of categories -- Best Actor and Best Actress, Best Online Musician and Best Comedy Series among them -- will be chosen on Feb. 17, 2013.
The Streamys, which launched in 2009, have not been held since the second event in 2010.
“This year we have seen explosive growth in online video as mainstream audiences are embracing this revolutionary new medium," said Baldwin. "With major investments in original programming and new advances in technology, creators -- both indie and studio alike -- have been blowing the roof off with their original programming. We can’t wait to see what this year’s crop of submissions produces.”
Staying true to the medium, the February awards show will be streamed live online from the Hollywood Palladium.
Submissions can be made at the Streamys website, which also hosts the complete list of categories.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR