Strong Box Office Powers Imax Q3 Earnings
Imax unveils its latest quarterly earnings from China, where it expects major expansion in the coming years.
TORONTO - The strong box office performance of movies such as Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 drove up third quarter earnings at Imax Corp., as its revenue reached record territory.
Toronto-based Imax posted a 25 percent rise in earnings to $8.3 million for the three months to September 31, against a profit of $6.7 million in 2010.
Revenue was up 32 percent to $67.4 million, against a year-earlier $$51 million.
“The combination of strong film performance, a growing theatre network and prudent expense management resulted in strong third quarter results," Imax CEO Richard Gelfond said in a statement Thursday from China, where the giant screen exhibitor released its results.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram