Studio Heads Pitch in $54K-Per-Head for Jerry Brown Re-election Campaign (Exclusive)
Disney's Alan Horn will co-host the Nov. 21 Bel-Air event with DreamWorks Animation's Jeffrey Katzenberg, Fox's Jim Gianopulos, Paramount's Brad Grey, Sony's Michael Lynton, Universal's Ron Meyer and Warner Bros.' Barry Meyer and Kevin Tsujihara -- plus David Geffen and Steven Spielberg.
Hollywood's Democratic heavy hitters are coming out early to signal their serious commitment to California Gov. Jerry Brown's re-election.
On Thursday, Nov. 21, Cindy and Alan Horn, along with a who's who of entertainment industry donors, will kick off Brown's re-election campaign with a fundraising reception and cocktail party at their Bel-Air mansion. The co-hosts include Jeffrey Katzenberg, Steven Spielberg, David Geffen, the MPAA's Chris Dodd, Fox's Jim Gianopulos, Paramount's Brad Grey, Sony's Michael Lynton, Universal's Ron Meyer and Warner Bros.' Barry Meyer and Kevin Tsujihara. Each has pledged to give or raise $54,400 for Brown's campaign.
Invited guests can make contributions of their own with tickets scaled at $27,200, $10,000 and $5,000.
As of yet, California's Republicans haven't selected a candidate to challenge Brown, who is overwhelmingly favored to return to the governor's mansion for an unprecedented fourth term.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR