Which Studio Won the Franchise Wars
It's bye-bye, "Battleship," hello, "Ted 2" as stunning upsets, a scandal and the success of "The Amazing Spider-Man" start to reveal what's happening to Hollywood's next chapter of sequels.
Before summer began, few would have predicted Magic Mike 2 would happen before Battleship sequel, Bridesmaids.) But so far the warm-weather season has delivered some surprises when it comes to creating or prolonging franchises, Hollywood's lifeblood. With summer heading into its final stretch, here's how the studios stack up.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR