Studiocanal Corals U.K. and Irish Rights To ‘Charlie Casanova’
The movie stars Emmett J. Scanlan who is in the race to be this year’s Irish Film and TV Academy’s rising star.
LONDON – Terry McMahon's movie Charlie Casanova, featuring Emmett J. Scanlan who is in the running to win this year’s Irish Academy rising star award, will find a home in British and Irish movie houses via Studiocanal.
The French-owned distribution, production and finance banner has taken U.K. and Irish rights to the micro-budget Irish drama that follows a sociopathic Irish yuppie who kills a girl in a hit-and-run before turning to playing cards to decide what to do next.
The movie itself has five nominations for this year’s Irish Film & TV Awards including best film, to be dished out February 11.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR