Studiocanal Germany Names Barbara Knabe Head of TV Rights
Knabe will oversee film rights and TV series licensing for the German arm of the French production and distribution giant.
Studiocanal in Germany has named Barbara Knabe its new executive vice president in charge of TV distribution and world sales, effective immediately.
Knabe, who has been with Studiocanal since 2007, will oversee the group's licensing business, which includes its library of in-house productions and the company's output deal with Lionsgate.
Studiocanal, a subsidiary of French pay-TV giant Canal Plus, has for years been strengthening its position on the small screen outside of France, through the acquisition of German-based production and sales outfit Tandem Communications (The Pillars of the Earth, Crossing Lines) and, most recently, Britain's Red Production Company (Queer as Folk).
“Our goal is to optimize the market value of our programs and to further improve our distribution strategy,” said Rodolphe Buet, CEO of Studiocanal in Germany. “Barbara will develop the correct course of action to do this and and implement it.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR