StudioCanal and Working Title Team Up for Lance Armstrong Biopic
French studio will fully finance and handle international sales for director Stephen Frears' untitled project.
PARIS – StudioCanal is set to team up once again with Working Title, this time to finance and handle international sales on Stephen Frears’ Lance Armstrong biopic, which it will launch at AFM. The Paris-based studio will also handle distribution in France, U.K., Germany and Australia.
Based on the book Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong by Irish sports journalist David Walsh, the film is set to star Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) as Walsh and Ben Foster (Ain't Them Bodies Saints) as the disgraced seven-time Tour de France champion. Breaking Bad’s Jesse Plemons and Cesar-winning actor/director Guillaume Canet are on board for supporting roles. Shooting will start Oct. 18 in France and the U.K.
Walsh’s long history of investigating Armstrong brought increasing scrutiny on the undefeated cycler, starting with a newspaper expose 2001 and three books – including Seven Deadly Sins – chronicling the charges against Armstrong that eventually brought down his career.
This is the latest team effort for StudioCanal and Working Title. The companies have worked together on Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, I Give it a Year and The Two Faces of January, starring Kirsten Dunst and Viggo Mortensen, set for a Dec. 13 release date in the U.S. and January rollout in France.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR