Studios Banding Together to Co-host Ronni Chasen Memorial
All six major studios have agreed to help foot the bill for private reception.
In a rare moment of Hollywood camaraderie, all six major studios are banding together to co-host a planned memorial reception for slain publicist Ronni Chasen.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, the Walt Disney Co. and Paramount Pictures have together committed to help foot the bill for a private gathering to be held after Chasen's funeral Sunday.
Chasen, 64, was shot to death Nov. 16 while driving home from the premiere of Sony's Burlesque. The investigation into the killing, which has stunned Hollywood, is ongoing.
A veteran press agent, Chasen had worked for decades with executives at every studio in entertainment.
Her funeral is scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday at Hillside Memorial in Culver City. Invited guests will be given instructions for the invite-only post-memorial reception to be held on the Sony lot.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!