Studios Banding Together to Co-host Ronni Chasen Memorial
All six major studios have agreed to help foot the bill for private reception.
In a rare moment of Hollywood camaraderie, all six major studios are banding together to co-host a planned memorial reception for slain publicist Ronni Chasen.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, the Walt Disney Co. and Paramount Pictures have together committed to help foot the bill for a private gathering to be held after Chasen's funeral Sunday.
Chasen, 64, was shot to death Nov. 16 while driving home from the premiere of Sony's Burlesque. The investigation into the killing, which has stunned Hollywood, is ongoing.
A veteran press agent, Chasen had worked for decades with executives at every studio in entertainment.
Her funeral is scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday at Hillside Memorial in Culver City. Invited guests will be given instructions for the invite-only post-memorial reception to be held on the Sony lot.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR