Stuntman Dies After Explosion on 'Expendables 2' Set
According to a local media report, the death followed another accident that was caused by an explosion on the set of the Lionsgate sequel.
One stuntman was killed and two other stunt people were injured following an accident with an explosion on the Bulgarian set of The Expendables 2, according to the Bulgarian Sofia News Agency's website.
The accident took place during shooting at the Ognyanovo reservoir near the town of Elin Pelin, near the Bulgarian capital of Sofia, the report said. Bulgarian television confirmed the casualties but did not identify them, saying only the stuntman killed was "a foreigner," although a separate report by the Sofia Echo newspaper said that both men were "of Chinese origin." There was no word if any of the film's stars were involved in or present at the accident.
The Expendables 2 is filming at Nu Boyana Studios in Sofia, and features action legends Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris and Jason Statham.
The Lionsgate sequel is set for release Aug. 17, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR