Style Network greenlights 'Too Fat for 15'
Style Network has greenlighted a docuseries about obesity with the attention-getting title “Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back.”
The series revolves around four extremely overweight teens and one preteen whose parents bring them to Wellspring Academy, a weight-loss boarding school in North Caro¬lina.
The series, produced by Daisybeck Prods. in association with Passion Distribution, is inspired by a documentary that aired on the network last year about an overweight British teen who went to Wellspring.
“ ‘Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back’ captures the epic struggle of a courageous group of obese teens trying to lose weight,” Style Network president Salaam Coleman Smith said. “Their life-changing mental and physical trans¬formation is must-see tele¬vision that puts a real face on the obesity epidemic threatening our young people.”
“Too Fat” will premiere in August.
Weight-issue reality shows are a programming trend among cable networks. Style sister network E! recently picked up “What’s Eating You?” a documentary series about extreme eating dis¬orders, and Oprah Winfrey’s OWN ordered “Inside Rehab,” a series that follows patients at an eating-disorder treatment facility.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR