Submarine Delux Takes U.S. Theatrical Rights to 'Casting By' Doc
Tom Donahue's film about the role of the Hollywood casting directing will be released theatrically in November.
Submarine Deluxe has acquired U.S. theatrical rights to Tom Donahue’s Casting By, a documentary about the role of the casting director in Hollywood.
The distributor will release the film, which has already aired on HBO, theatrically in New York and Los Angeles in November before expanding to other cities. An Academy Awards campaign for best feature documentary is also planned.
The doc focuses on casting pioneers like Marion Dougherty and Lynn Stalmaster and also looks had how the casting process changed in the ‘50s and ‘60s with the arrival of actors like Dustin Hoffman, Bette Midler, Robert Duvall and Gene Hackman.
Produced by Our8s Productions, CreativeChaos vmg and Genmaicha in association with Tashtego Films, the film was directed by Donahue and produced by Kate Lacey, Donahue, Joanna Colbert and Ilan Arboleda. Executive producers are Steve Edwards, Edward Durkin and John Balis and the co-executive producer was Margaret Whitton.
The deal was negotiated by Dan Braun and David Koh of Submarine Deluxe along with CreativeChaos vmg.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR