EXCLUSIVE: Subway Won't Advertise on Second Episode of MTV's Skins
The sandwich chain is the fourth major sponsor to pull back from the controversial teen show.
Another major sponsor has pulled out of advertising on MTV's controversial show, Skins.
A rep for Subway tells The Hollywood Reporter that the sandwich chain "will not be advertising on [Monday's] episode."
Subway appeared on the premiere of the show.
On Sunday, the Parents Television Council launched a campaign urging viewers to complain to Subway for its decision to advertise.
THR.com first reported Taco Bell pulled out of the series -- which chronicles teens having sex and doing drugs -- because "it is not a fit for our brand."
H&R Block, G.M. and Wrigley soon followed suit.
Viacom executives recently met with the show's producers to order them to tone down upcoming episodes, The New York Times reported, for fear of violating child pornography laws.
The PTC asked the Department of Justice and U.S. Senate and House Judiciary Committees to open an investigation into the show.
"In addition to the sexual content on the show involving cast members as young as 15, PTC counted 42 depictions and references to drugs and alcohol in the premiere episode," the group — which has called the show “the most dangerous program ever for children” -- wrote in a letter to the government organizations. "It is clear that Viacom has knowingly produced material that may well be in violation of [several anti-child pornography laws].
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!