'Sucker Punch' slated for Imax release
Zach Snyder-directed 3D film set for March 2011
TORONTO -- Zack Snyder is returning to the Imax format as Warner Bros. Pictures has slotted "Sucker Punch 3D" into a March 25, 2011 release on the super-sized screen.
The booking, alongside the conventional release for "Sucker Punch 3D," is part of a recent 20-picture distribution deal between Warner Bros. and Toronto-based Imax through 2013.
Snyder's 2009 superhero film "Watchmen" was released on both conventional and Imax theater screens.
"The growing international Imax theater network will enable us to offer the premium Imax release of Sucker Punch 3D to a wider audience, introducing even more moviegoers to the winning combination of Zack Snyder's vision and Imax's powerful format," said Veronika Kwan-Rubinek, president of international distribution for Warner Bros. Pictures.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR