'Sucker Punch' slated for Imax release
Zach Snyder-directed 3D film set for March 2011
TORONTO -- Zack Snyder is returning to the Imax format as Warner Bros. Pictures has slotted "Sucker Punch 3D" into a March 25, 2011 release on the super-sized screen.
The booking, alongside the conventional release for "Sucker Punch 3D," is part of a recent 20-picture distribution deal between Warner Bros. and Toronto-based Imax through 2013.
Snyder's 2009 superhero film "Watchmen" was released on both conventional and Imax theater screens.
"The growing international Imax theater network will enable us to offer the premium Imax release of Sucker Punch 3D to a wider audience, introducing even more moviegoers to the winning combination of Zack Snyder's vision and Imax's powerful format," said Veronika Kwan-Rubinek, president of international distribution for Warner Bros. Pictures.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services