Suge Knight Taken From Court in Ambulance

AP Images
Suge Knight during his Feb. 3 court appearance

The incident is the second time in a few weeks that the former rap mogul has had a medical issue in court.

Former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight was taken by ambulance Thursday from a Los Angeles courthouse for an undisclosed medical issue.

It was the second time in recent weeks that Knight has been taken from court to a hospital as he faces murder and robbery charges in separate cases.

Knight had been scheduled to appear Thursday for arraignment on a criminal threats charge, but he never made it to the courtroom.

His attorney David Kenner said bailiffs and a judicial officer told him Knight had stomach issues and was taken for an evaluation before Kenner had a chance to see him.

The Sheriff's Department did not have immediate information on Knight's condition.

Earlier this month, the Death Row Records co-founder was rushed from a Compton courthouse with chest pains after he pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.

Knight, 49, spent more than a day in the hospital receiving treatment.

He is charged with killing 55-year-old Terry Carter in the parking lot of a Compton burger stand in late January and seriously injuring another man.

Knight remains jailed without bail in that case.

Knight was charged with robbery after a celebrity photographer reported that Knight and comedian Katt Williams stole her camera in September.

Knight has pleaded not guilty to robbery, and prosecutors recently added the threats charge. Williams also pleaded not guilty to robbery.

Knight was shot six times at a nightclub in September, days before he was accused of taking the camera in Beverly Hills. His attorneys have previously cited complications from the wounds as the reason for his medical issues.

A judge has refused to allow Knight's personal physician to evaluate him in jail.

comments powered by Disqus