'Summer' selling well for Sogepaq
CANNES -- Spanish sales company Sogepaq announced Tuesday the first sales on Antonio Banderas' second directorial effort, "Summer Rain" (El Camino de los Ingleses).
Tartan will handle distribution in the U.K. and Ireland, Latinofusion in Mexico, Strada Films in Greece and Cyprus, Visual Filmes in Brazil, CNS in Korea, MCF in the former Yugoslavia, Transylvania in Romania, Cineplex in Taiwan, Irfan in Turkey and Cathay in Singapore.
The film had its international debut in the Premieres Section at the Sundance Film Festival in January. It went on to play in Panorama at the Berlin International Film Festival, where the film was recognized as best European film, winning the Europa Cinemas Label.
Produced by Banderas' production company, Green Moon, in co-production with Sogepaq's sister company, production house Sogecine, and the U.K.'s Future Films, "Summer Rain" tells the story of a group of friends spending their last summer together before taking their own paths in life. The film was shot in Banderas' hometown of Malaga, Spain, and is based on the award-winning novel by his childhood friend, Antonio Soler.
Banderas' Green Moon recently announced a production alliance with Antonio Perez's Maestranza Films to produce movies featuring new directors and talent drawn from his native Andalusia. The first project on the slate is Javier Gutierrez's $2 million "El verano de la roca," now casting.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed