Summit Entertainment Co-Founder David Garrett Teams With Germany's Constantin Film
The partners will launch international licensing and distribution banner Mister Smith Entertainment at the 2012 Cannes Film Market.
LONDON -– David Garrett, co-founder of Summit Entertainment and formerpresident of Summit International, is launching Mister Smith Entertainment.
The startup, debuting at the upcoming 2012 Cannes Film Market, is a joint venture between Garrett and Germany's Constantin Film.
The German banner is also providing funding capital for the international licensing and distribution banner.
Garrett reunites with former Summit executive Ralpho Borgos, who joins as executive vp, international licensing and distribution.
Annasivia Britt rounds out the new team as vp, marketing and publicity.
The company will operate out of London.
Mister Smith Entertainment will be involved in the financing, co-financing and licensing of " mainstream feature films and filmmaker-driven movies for the global market."
Mister Smith Entertainment will launch in Cannes with two major Constantin upcoming productions.
First up is Cassandra Clare’s #1 best-selling book series adaptation The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, the first film in the action fantasy franchise.
Also making its market debut is the compelling true story 3,096 Days based on the autobiography of Natascha Kampusch held captive for over eight years and whose escape made headlines around the world.
Garrett described Mister Smith Entertainment as " a natural next step for me after a wonderful 19 year partnership at Summit Entertainment."
He said the goal with Constantin's backing "is to recreate the successful distribution structure we forged in the early days of Summit Entertainment, building upon core strategic partnerships with the very best producers, filmmakers and distributors around the world.”
Martin Moszkowicz, member of the executive board of Constantin Film added: “David Garrett is synonymous with success and style and under his leadership Mister Smith Entertainment will be an immense source of pride for us all, especially in this time of real challenge and change in our industry."
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights