Summit Extends Output Deal with Tele-Munchen Group Through 2013
Summit's 'Twilight' franchise helped make TMG Germany's top indie distributor in 2010.
COLOGNE, Germany - Twilight producers Summit Entertainment and Herbert Kloiber's Tele-Munchen Group (TMG) have extended their output deal, giving TMG all German-speaking rights to Summit titles produced through 2013.
Twlight franchise has been a major booster for TMG's theatrical distribution arm, Concorde Film, which was the number one indepdent distributor in Germany last year, thanks largely to the first three Twilght films. The new agreement means TMG will release the final two films in the franchise: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Parts 1 and 2.
Under the deal, TMG also secures German-language rights to titles including Jodie Foster's The Beaver, featuring Mel Gibson, which has a special out of Competition screening in Cannes; Man on a Ledge starring Sam Worthington and Elizabeth Banks and actioner The Cold Light Of Day with Bruce Willis.
Bob Hayward and Patrick Wachsberger of Summit negotiated the deal together with TMG topper Herbert Kloiber and TMG's L.A. rep, Thomas Augsberger.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR