Summit Sets U.S. Release Date for Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver'
Directed by Jodie Foster, the film opens in limited run March 23.
After a tough 2010, Mel Gibson will be back in theaters March 23 in Jodie Foster's The Beaver.
Summit Entertainment and Participant Media had wanted to release the film this year during the heart of awards season but postponed those plans when the controversy erupted over slurs Gibson made during taped conversations.
Summit announced late Wednesday that it will open The Beaver in a limited run March 23 -- a Wednesday -- before expanding April 8.
In addition to directing, Foster also stars alongside Gibson, Anton Yelchin and Jennifer Lawrence.
From a script by Kyle Killen, The Beaver tells the story of a depressed CEO (Gibson) of a toy company who sets out on a journey to rediscover his life and family by communicating through a hand-held puppet.
The Beaver is a Summit and Participant presentation in association with Imagenation Abu Dhabi. Anonymous Content produced.
By opening on a Wednesday, Foster's film gets a jump on several specialty releases opening March 25 in limited runs, including Julian Schnabel's Miral and Thomas McCarthy's Win Win.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR