Sundance 2013: 5 Short Film Category Lineups Unveiled
This year's festival runs Jan. 17-27 in Park City and other Utah locales.
The Sundance Film Festival unveiled on Tuesday selections in five short film categories.
The festival's short film program features 65 films, which were selected from 8,102 submissions (427 more than last year). Categories include U.S. Narrative Short Films, International Narrative Short Films, Documentary Short Films, Animated Short Films and New Frontier Short Films.
“The short film section of our 2013 festival is comprised of bold works by adventurous filmmakers who have mastered creative ways to embody their unique perspectives in the short form onscreen," said Trevor Groth, director of programming for the festival, in a statement. "The selections represent the immensely varied and dynamic approaches to storytelling that will inspire audiences with their huge accomplishments within a limited timeframe.”
This year's festival, which runs Jan. 17-27, will screen 115 feature-length films representing 32 countries; the haul includes projects from 51 first-time filmmakers, including 27 films that are in competition.
The 11-day Utah festival's competition and out-of-competition feature categories were announced Nov. 28-29 and Dec. 3. In addition to Park City, films will be screened in Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance.
The full short film lineup appears after the jump.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills