Sundance 2013: Jury Members Announced
Tom Rothman, the former co-chairman of Fox, is among the five U.S. Dramatic Competition jury members.
Tom Rothman, the former co-chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment, has been named to the Sundance Film Festival's U.S. Dramatic Competition jury, it was announced Wednesday.
The festival revealed, in total, 19 members of the five juries that will judge films at the 11-day gathering. Filmmaker Ed Burns and Pulitzer Prize-winning Boston Globe and Grantland writer Wesley Morris are also on the U.S. Dramatic Competition jury, among others.
The festival runs Jan. 17 to 27 in Park City. This year, Sundance will screen 115 feature-length films representing 32 countries; the haul includes projects from 51 first-time filmmakers, including 27 films that are in competition.
Rothman, who departed from Fox in October, founded Fox Searchlight Pictures, a longtime player at Sundance. He also is an emeritus director of Sundance Institute and was present at the first iteration of the festival. The executive has joined Steven Spielberg's Robopocalypse as a producer.
The full jury lineups appear after the jump.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing