Sundance 2013: Naomi Watts Celebrated at THR's Festival Bash
The Oscar nominee and "Two Mothers" star mingled at Park City's Village at the Lift on Friday.
The Hollywood Reporter on Friday raised a glass to Oscar nominee Naomi Watts (The Impossible), toasting the star of the fest's Two Mothers.
"I'm very nostalgic for Sundance," Watts said. "My first time here was with a movie I produced, and it was called Ellie Parker. It was a short film, and we were literally hounding people on the streets just to get them in to see the movie."
Things obviously have changed since then, with Watts' Two Mothers premiering just hours later to a packed house at Eccles Theater.
Joining Watts at THR's fete was her Two Mothers director Anne Fontaine and co-stars Xavier Samuel and James Frecheville. Actor Kyle MacLachlan, Guggenheim Digital Media CEO Ross Levinsohn, Sony Pictures Classics' Tom Bernard and MPAA chief Christopher Dodd also were in attendance.
THR editorial director Janice Min hosted the event, held at Park City hotspot Village at the Lift, featuring bites by chef Ludo Lefebvre and sponsored by Samsung Galaxy.
Asked about simultaneously promoting a Sundance indie while working the awards circuit, Watts said: "It's hard to change gears. I'm focusing so much on The Impossible, and now this is a whole other film and very different material. So yeah, it's a big change."
Following her Sundance promotional tour, Watts is looking forward to seeing Seth MacFarlane host the Feb. 24 telecast. "It's been a good year for hosts so far," she said. "It's exciting."
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kristen Bell Stuns In Pink Gown With Thigh-High Slit At 'Veronica Mars' Premiere
- Jennifer Lopez Rocks Neon Skinny Jeans On 'American Idol' Set
- Khloe Kardashian Wows In Curve-Hugging Dress At Miami Dash Opening
- Mindfulness in Everyday Life -- So You Want to Be Famous? What You Need to Know About Celebrity
- Amazon Is Raising the Price of Amazon Prime
- Lars’s Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever