Sundance 2013: Your Survival Guide
How to catch cabs, avoid the cold and get a last-minute blowout in Park City.
This story first appeared in the Jan. 25 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
If you're in need of a Wi-Fi hookup, get online with free connections at No Name Saloon (447 Main St.) or Atticus Teahouse (738 Main St.).
Stay out of the cold with Uber, a car service app that connects passengers with drivers. Or head to the top of Main for open cabs, but bring cash!
Looking for last-minute style? Book a blowout at Lunatic Fringe Salon (4343 Highway 224) for a red-carpet-worthy coif (prices start at $35).
Misplaced luggage? Hollywood types can shop Panache (738 Main St.) for high-end designers Brunello Cucinelli, Rebecca Taylor and DVF.
Avoid riding the chairlift next to your boss at Park City Resort. Head over to Deer Valley Ski Resort (skiers only) or Canyon Resort to snowboard.
Bring Advil! Visitors often suffer altitude sickness, but ibuprofen reduces its symptoms. Doctors also suggest avoiding alcohol. Good luck with that.
Looking to warm up? Java Cow (402 Main St.) is the best place for an almond joy latte. But go early! It can often take 45 minutes for your order.
Open nightly until 4 a.m., TAO nightclub will certainly be the best place to catch celebs and industry elite behaving badly until the wee hours.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!