Sundance: A24 Acquires Zombie Romantic Comedy 'Life After Beth'
The indie stars Dane DeHaan and Aubrey Plaza.
A24 has closed a deal for the U.S. rights to Sundance romantic zombie movie Life After Beth.
There is a DirecTV component to the deal in which the satellite provider has an exclusive 30-day window prior to any theatrical release.
Beth, starring Dane DeHaan and Aubrey Plaza, centers on a teen who gets a second chance at love when his dead girlfriend returns. But it's not all as rosy as he thinks. John C. Reilly and Paul Reiser also appear.
Jeff Baena, who co-wrote I Heart Huckabees, wrote and directed. Michael Zakin and Elizabeth Destro are producers.
The movie premiered at the Library Theatre on Jan. 19 and is part of the U.S. Dramatic Competition.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead