Sundance: A24 Acquires Zombie Romantic Comedy 'Life After Beth'
The indie stars Dane DeHaan and Aubrey Plaza.
A24 has closed a deal for the U.S. rights to Sundance romantic zombie movie Life After Beth.
There is a DirecTV component to the deal in which the satellite provider has an exclusive 30-day window prior to any theatrical release.
Beth, starring Dane DeHaan and Aubrey Plaza, centers on a teen who gets a second chance at love when his dead girlfriend returns. But it's not all as rosy as he thinks. John C. Reilly and Paul Reiser also appear.
Jeff Baena, who co-wrote I Heart Huckabees, wrote and directed. Michael Zakin and Elizabeth Destro are producers.
The movie premiered at the Library Theatre on Jan. 19 and is part of the U.S. Dramatic Competition.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR