Sundance Breakout Mackenzie Davis in Talks to Star in 'Kitchen Sink' for Sony
Nicholas Braun also is negotiating to star. Her "Breathe In" premiered Saturday at the Eccles Theater.
Mackenzie Davis is in talks to star in Sony's horror comedy The Kitchen Sink. Nicholas Braun is negotiating to star as well.
The film, which is in the vein of Sony's hit Zombieland, revolves around a pair of teens who form an unlikely alliance with vampires and zombies in order to take on an army of invading aliens. Robbie Pickering (Natural Selection) will direct from an Oren Uziel screenplay.
Production is slated to begin in the summer.
Davis, who is gaining buzz at the Sundance Film Festival for her portrayal of Guy Pearce's daughter in Drake Doremus' Breathe In, also had a small role in last year's Sundance film Smashed.
Braun gained attention for his role as Ponytail Derek in Perks of Being a Wallflower. He also appeared in Red State.
Matt Tolmach is producing the genre film.
Davis is repped by UTA and Thruline.
Braun is handled by WME.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR