Sundance: Cautious Optimism
Four trends to watch as more movies look for buyers, more buyers look for movies, and no one wants to overpay in Park City.
A year after one of the most hectic Sundance markets in a decade, the stage is set for a repeat performance. The pace may not be as frenetic this year, though. Several big-ticket purchases from last year's festivals did only middling business in release, but buyers, sellers and producers see the indie scene on the whole as healthy and full of new opportunities in filmmaking, financing and distribution.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR