Sundance Channel to Debut in Indonesia
Part of AMC Networks' recent push into Southeast Asia, the deal follows the company’s WE tv launch in Malaysia and will bring series such as "Breaking Bad" to the country for the first time.
Sundance Channel will soon be popping up on television screens in Indonesia. AMC/Sundance Channel Global, the international division of AMC Networks, has signed a deal for the network to be carried on Indovision, the country’s largest pay-TV operator.
Bruce Tuchman, president of AMC/Sundance Channel Global, made the announcement, saying: “We’re very excited to launch for the first time in Indonesia on Indovision, one of Asia’s biggest subscription television platforms and a pioneer in the industry. We look forward to delivering the best of independent-minded entertainment to fans across the region.”
In Asia, Sundance Channel offers first original series such as Breaking Bad, Rectify and Mr. Selfridge, as well as independent films fresh from the most recent edition of the Sundance Film Festival. In Indonesia, the channel is launching as a 24/7 linear network, with all programming subtitled into local language Bahasa.
The Indonesian deal follows the recent debut of AMC/Sundance’s WE tv in Malaysia through a partnership with Astro, a local consumer media and entertainment group. The network is now available in HD via Astro’s B.yond IPTV service. The WE tv deal follows AMC/Sundance’s launch of the Sundance Channel in Malaysia on Astro B.yond HD in 2011.
In July, AMC/Sundance Channel Global will launch a dedicated Sundance Channel feed for the Polish market, Sundance Channel Polska.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)