Sundance making music
Patti Smith, Ingrid Michaelson, Mark Mothersbaugh, Tim Finn and Michel Gondry are among the many artists set to speak and perform at this month's Sundance Film Festival.
The Jan. 20 "Celebration of Music and Film" concert will bring several performers connected to fest features, including Smith ("Patti Smith: Dream of Life"), Jean-Michel Bernard and Gondry ("Be Kind Rewind") as well as the Everyothers ("The Guitar").
Michaelson, Finn and Smith lead the lineup of musicians performing each afternoon at Sundance's 10th annual Music Cafe. Charlotte Sometimes, Jessie Baylin, Peter & Gordon, Dusty Rhodes and the River Band, Sea Wolf, Butch Walker, Josh Hisle, Everest, Missy Higgins, Meiko and artists from the film "Slingshot Hip-Hop" are among the performers booked.
Such composers as George S. Clinton, Christopher Young, John Frizzell and Mothersbaugh will speak together with directors Amy Redford ("The Guitar") and Patrick Creadon ("I.O.U.S.A.") in the round-table discussion "Music and Film: The Creative Process" presented by BMI.
These and other music programs will be held Jan. 17-27 in Park City.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR