Sunshine Sachs' Holiday Party Invite Spoofs Heathcare.gov (Photo)
"We were just having some fun," Shawn Sachs tells THR of the email invite to the Dec. 17 event.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Heads were turned when the invitation for power PR firm Sunshine Sachs' annual holiday party (Dec. 17) in New York went out via email: "Thank you, Healthcare.gov, your site makes SunshineSachs.com look good." Partner Ken Sunshine notably worked for New York Democratic Mayor David Dinkins, and the company represents some of Hollywood's most well-known liberals (Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Affleck) and has a huge liberal-cause marketing business (the environment, LGBT rights, etc.).
So why poke fun at another major liberal cause? "We were just having some fun," says partner Shawn Sachs. "Take a look at our website; that's the funny part. We're a communications firm who works with some of the biggest tech companies and startups out there, and our site just has our name, address and phone number."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!