'Super 8' Star Joel Courtney Signs With CAA (Exclusive)
The 15-year-old actor was previously with WME.
CAA has signed Super 8 star Joel Courtney.
The actor was previously at WME but became in play when his agent, Bonnie Liedtke, left to become a manager at Principato-Young Entertainment earlier in September. He continues to be repped by Liedtke and is additionally repped by attorney Derek Kroeger.
Courtney was part of the crop of newcomers cast by J.J. Abrams in Super 8, the June hit from Paramount which grossed $258 million worldwide, where he played the male lead of a boy coping with the death his mother while dealing with an alien running loose in his town.
The part was a launchpad for Courtney, who snagged the part of Tom Sawyer in the indie feature Tom Sawyer and Huckeberry Finn. He is currently shooting the indie drama The Healer which co-stars Isabelle Fuhrman.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR